Per an email from Bob, N8ADO, the Resolution Run has been canceled for this year
The latest ARES E-Letter has been released.
In this issue:
- ShakeOut 2021 – A Win with Winlink DYFI Reports to USGS
- Hams Assist in Rescue of Firemen Buried In a Brazilian Cave
- Minnesota ARES, VOAD Partner for 2021 Fall SET
- It’s All about Working Together: Operators Provide Comms for PGA Tour Cycle Event
- Emergency Communications Academy: Plan Now to Attend the 2022 ARRL National Convention at Orlando HamCation and Emergency Communications Training Track on Thursday!
- Spotlight: Hawaii ARRL SET, ShakeOut Exercises
- Same Time, Next Year: Providing Support for the Tour de Lincoln Bicycle Event
- ARES Resources
- ARRL Resources
With the restoration of the West Central Ohio Amateur Radio Association (WCOARA) 145.110/224.160 system to it’s fully coordinated power and historical coverage of District 3, there has been ongoing work with the WCOARA and the Miamisburg Wireless Association (MWA) with regard to changing the District 3 Wednesday night net from the 146.820 repeater to the 145.110 repeater.
We will be transitioning to the WC8OH 145.110 (-)/224.160 (-) repeater with a PL of 67.0Hz effective with the Wednesday October 27th Net. We will be utilizing the 145.110 repeater on the 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th Wednesday’s of each month.
On the 3rd Wednesday of each month we will be using the WA8PLZ 146.820 (-) repeater with a PL of 77.0 Hz. as our alternate backup repeater.
We would like to Thank the West Central Ohio Amateur Radio Association and the Miamisburg Wireless Association for their support of this plan. Details of this plan will be posted on the MVARBB and the District 3 web site. Additional details will be forthcoming.
Back in July, Michael, N8QHV introduced us to the 2021 Great Central United States Shakeout. It will take place this Thrusday.
The EMCOMM Training Organization (ETO) is also participating using their Winlink Thursday drill this week to practice using the Did You Feel It (DYFI) template located in Winlink. Simply follow the instructions on the Winlink Thursday page to send an exercise DYFI message to the US Geological Survey (USGS).
Don, KB8LWL, a Net Control Operator for the District Net for many years, became a Silent Key on Saturday, 11 September. In addition to his active participation with the West Central Ohio Amateur Radio Club, he was an also a member of the Montgomery County Office of Emergency Management EMCOMM Team. he will be sorely missed.
The following information was provided by his Son-in-Law, Mark, KC8TZY: